Interim Release Downloads (IRD) are minor updates and/or hotfixes that are released in between major version upgrades to customers current on their software maintenance. Many of these releases come directly from Sage and include tax tables, eFiling and Reporting updates, and sometime security updates. We also provide hotfixes for issues we find in ARM as well as incorporate features requested by individual customers that we believe our entire customer-base would benefit from having immediate access to (i.e. change orders and sub-rentals).
We always recommend that you upgrade to the latest build that corresponds to your version of the system to avoid any potential problems or errors. This article will explain how to download and install a new IRD for ARM.
Before You Get Started
Before you get started you’ll want to make sure that everyone is logged out of the system and that you have made a backup of your database. Failure to do this could result in errors, loss of unsaved work, and a nasty recovery process should something entirely go wrong. Remember this step is absolutely crucial. Don’t hesitate to contact our support team if you have any questions.
IRD Download Instructions
- You must download the zip file onto a computer running a Windows compatible operating system. Sage 100 (MAS 90/200) no longer supports Windows 98 or Windows ME.
- Select the Interim Release archive (located on the IRD Release Announcement) to begin the download process.
- Find the correct IRD that corresponds to your version of ARM and Sage 100. You can find your version number by running the Installed Modules Listing from the Library Master Reports
- Download the zip file into a temporary folder on your hard drive, so that you can easily access it after the download is complete.
Note: If you are using the Sage 100 Advanced (MAS 200) version, you must download or copy the files to the server.
- Extract the zip file and double-click the ROirdVER#.EXE program to begin the install. Be sure to point the installer to the Sage 100 folder on your server drive. You will need to accept the license agreement before you will be allowed to proceed with the installation.
IRD Installation Instructions
After following the download instructions you’ll want to unzip the executable file. If you have not made a backup or made sure everyone is logged out of the system yet, it is incredibly important that you do so now before proceeding.
- Run the executable file ROirdVER#.EXE that contains your 3-digit version number following ird. A welcome screen will appear. Confirm that you are applying the IRD for your version of ARM and click next.
- On the next screen you must accept the terms of the license agreement and click next to proceed.
- Next you choose the install location. Enter the path to the “MAS90” folder where your Sage software resides on your server. Once you have chosen a location choose Install and a progress bar will be displayed.
- Once all of the files have been copied to your system, an additional progress dialogue will be displayed indicating your system files are being updated.
Note: If you do not see the “Enhancement Installation” dialogue box during the install process, your copy of Sage 100 may not properly be registered with the Windows registry. Contact support for an alternate method of completing the installation process.
- After the installation is complete and you click Finish, you’ll want to verify that the IRD update was applied. Launch Sage 100 and navigate to the Automated Rental Management Setup menu. Choose About Your BCS Software and verify that the version and build number correspond to the update you just applied.
- Lastly, you want to convert your companies over to the new build by accessing Company Maintenance from the Library Master Main You can access each company and press Convert. We recommend only converting one company at a time so that if there are any errors we can easily determine which company has a problem.
That’s all there is to it. For the most part, it’s a straight forward and simple process. The most crucial parts are making sure everyone is logged out and that you’ve made backup beforehand. Again, make sure you’re downloading the correct build for your version of the system. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support staff.
More info about Sage Interim Release Downloads